Events Coming Up at CBC
Big Church Day Out – bookings for 2019 are now open – amazing line-up of bands and all the fun of a massive festival in a safe environment.
The more that book the cheaper it will be! Click the link to join our group!
TEN DAYS OF PRAYER
Between Jesus’ ascension and the Day of Pentecost
including 8pm on Wednesday 5 June at Cosham Baptist
Concluding the 10 days of prayer will be The Big Prayer Picnic – an open-air ecumenical prayer and worship celebration, calling churches together from the whole of the Portsmouth area, at Portchester Castle on Pentecost Sunday 9th June:
- 1pm to 2:30pm – The big prayer picnic with fun for families and a variety of prayer tents to visit.
- 2:30pm to 4pm – The main prayer and worship event drawing us all together as one.
Come from your morning Pentecost service to join with many churches from all over south-east Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to eat, pray and worship together.
There will be parking for up to 1,000 cars in a nearby field bordering the castle.
Bethany warmly invite you to join them on their summer outing to Haskins Garden Centre on Wednesday 12th June 2019.
The coach will leave at 1.00pm. The cost of the outing is £10, which includes a tea (sandwiches and cakes), returning to CBC at approximately 5.30pm.
Please contact Bernard A for further details
Lovely relaxed weekend in the glorious peaceful site near Arundel. Enjoy fellowship, opportunities to walk, good food, camp-fires and many good laughs. Just £5 per person per day (£10 max)
Activity off site at amazing venues, activities on site – all will bring excitement & make everyone laugh, many will involve the strong possibility of getting wet! This year we will be racing go-carts, enjoying human archery, going on boats, climbing high ropes, falling off high boards, investigating mysteries, going on (proper) night walks and enjoying campfires
We will be returning to Yapton as our camp-base. Why? so many reasons –
- It is a massive space ideal for the children to run around and for many activities, it also gives us space for many tents, marquees and toilets and showers!
- It is private ground so it is very safe, we can enjoy venturing into the fields around the site.
- It is far enough away so if feels like we are ‘away’ (one child asked if we were in a different country while we were travelling there one year!), but not too far if someone is too home-sick or simply needs to get home for a brother’s wedding before coming back again!
- It is cheap! We simply pay the owner of the site a donation to the charity he is associated with, so we can keep the cost of the camp down with all money being used on activity and food – plus a bit for toilet chemicals and loo paper!
- And for some of us leaders – if we didn’t go there, it wouldn’t feel like summer!